WHO: 5-8th Grades Students
WHEN: Tentatively practices will be Tuesday and Thursdays 3:45-5:15 p.m. October-February
TRANSPORTATION: OSCA will transport athletes to practice. Parents/Caregivers will need to pick up their athlete by 5:15 p.m.
WHO: 4-8th Grades Students
WHEN: Tentatively practices will be Tuesday and Thursdays 3:45-5:15 p.m. March-May
TRANSPORTATION: OSCA will transport athletes to practice. Parents/Caregivers will need to pick up their athlete by 5:15 p.m. at the Civic Center in Platte City.
Registration & Athlete Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to honor and support Our Savior Christian Academy by adhering to the team’s Athlete and Extra Curricular Code of Conduct as stated below.
- I will strive to honor God with my words, actions, and play.
- I will seek to glorify God with the talents he has gifted me with.
- I will be respectful to my coaches, teammates, opponents, officials, parents, and spectators.
- I will use appropriate language in appropriate tones when interacting with other athletes, coaches, officials, parents, and spectators.
- I will not taunt my opponent or be arrogant or boastful in my celebrations.
- I will not condone or utilize tobacco products or alcoholic beverages.
- I will arrive on time for all practices, meetings, and contests, with only emergencies, church activities, major family events, and illness being acceptable reasons for tardiness or absence.
- I will communicate with my coaches regarding issues of injury, illness or expected absence before practice either by phone or in person.
- I will communicate to my parents any necessary team information.
- I realize that glorifying God with my play requires me to care for my body with proper practice, nutrition, and rest. I will do it.
- I will play by the rules of the sport, demonstrating and encouraging good sportsmanship, both in victory and defeat.
- I will not leave the game site without seeking to shake the hand of my opponent and thanking the officials.
- I will be a good steward, being respectful of the property and facilities of our school and any other school I visit. I will be diligent in picking up after myself.
- I will be honest. I will not lie, steal, or cheat.
- I will strive to play safely so that I may avoid causing injury to myself or others.
- When I have conflict with a teammate or my coach, I will follow the principles outlined in Matthew 18.
- I will humble myself to the good of the team. I will pursue understanding my role on the team, do it with excellence and strive to do more.
- I will seek to encourage and assist my teammates in becoming better athletes and human beings.
- I will be responsible for any uniform or equipment checked out to me and will return it in a timely manner at the conclusion of the season. Any item not returned will be charged to me at the current replacement cost.
- I will maintain excellence in my classes scoring a 70% or higher in all areas of instruction. Should my grades fall below this average, I will continue to practice but will be ineligible for games.
- I understand that my coaches, Athletic Director, and administrators have the final say in all things regarding my involvement in an activity.
9.004 - Player Guidelines
9.006 - Eligibility Requirements for Students to Participate in Sports
9.007 - Definitions
9.008 - Qualifications for a Varsity Letter
9.009 - Standards of Activity Participation
9.010 - End of Season
2018/2019 Academic Standards and Eligibility Requirements
October 12 - Report cards go home. Students who have a 70% or higher are eligible to participate. If you do not have the grades on this date you are not eligible.
January 4 - Report cards go home. This qualifies athletes for continued play. If they do not meet the eligibility, they are still on the team, but cannot play the rest of the season. If continued involvement with the team is an academic hardship, they may be released.
March 8 - Report cards go home. Grades qualify students to run cross country and track.
I have read and agree with the above. I will exhibit the will to win and play with everything I have in order to honor God, and Our Savior Christian Academy.
I understand that it is a privilege to play and need to be thankful for the opportunity.