We are thrilled to welcome our new students and their families to Our Savior Christian Academy. We invite you to read through the information on this website to help you learn more about your new community. Check back often!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS
|Thursday, August 17 from 4-5pm
||K-5 Elementary Welcome in Platte City
|Friday, August 18
||Principal Welcome 5-5:45pm Middle School, 6:15-7pm High School in Smithville
|Tuesday, August 22
||First Day of School for the 2023/2024 year
|Monday, September 25
||Prekindergarten Parent Conferences / Middle and High School Conferences
|Friday, October 13
||End of 1st Quarter
|Friday, November 17
||Middle / High School Fall Dance
|November 21 through 24
|Tuesday, November 28
||Elementary Christmas Program
|Friday, December 15
||End of 2nd Quarter
|December 19 through January 2, 2024
|Monday, January 15
||Prekindergarten Parent Conferences
|January 21 through 26
||National Lutheran Schools Week
|February 15 through 16
|Friday, March 1
||End of 3rd Quarter
|March 26 through 29
|Friday, May 10
||End of 4th Quarter and Last Day of School
- Parents complete and return the enrollment forms.
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate, current immunization records, and a non-refundable payment equalling your first month's tuition must also be provided. If a child’s legal custodian changes, a new enrollment form will need to be filled out along with legal documentation outlining the change.
- Children must be age 3 by August 1st to qualify for enrollment.
- Class sizes are limited, so early enrollment is encouraged.
- If classes are filled, you may be placed on a waiting list by completing the enrollment form and returning it to the school along with a $320.00 non-refundable deposit. This is applied to the first month's tuition upon acceptance into the program. You will be notified once a space becomes available for your child and will have 24 hours to respond. When that occurs you will be asked to submit the balance of the first month's tuition in order to secure your child’s place.
- New students enroll on a 30-day provisional. Our Savior Christian Academy seeks to provide quality education to all children. In the rare event placement on our campus is not appropriate, OSCA reserves the right to terminate enrollment without notice.
Our Savior Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, or national or ethnic background, to the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies, admission policies, and other school-administered programs.
Provisions for Special Needs
Parents of children with special needs will meet before school begins with the child’s education team. At that time the team will determine placement and the program’s ability to accommodate the student within the limits of the facility. Our Savior Christian Academy participates in a fully inclusive education setting. Our philosophy is that every child of God is special and unique. Children that work together regardless of special needs learn life-long skills including compassion and caring.